Monday, October 24, 2011

Why I'm Proud of My Country

 Author's Note: This is an essay I wrote to tell you why I am so proud of my country, and why it's the greatest country.
There are so many reasons to be proud of my country. Our country has done so many things that are astonishing. From winning World War II to creating Major League Baseball, these are two of the reasons I’m proud of my country.

The reason I’m most proud of country is because we have won so many different wars. We fought and won against the South to get rid of slavery. Then, we fought in World War 1 and won. Finally we fought in World War 2 and won. We are one of the most winning countries in the world. That makes me feel so safe with people like the soldiers protecting us. They have done such a good job and have been trained so well.

Also, there were so many great sports moments in history. From the sad moments like Bill Buckner’s through the legs play to Steve Bartman’s foul ball incident. But there were also a lot of happy moments in sports history like the New Orleans Saints winning the Super Bowl for the first time and when Landon Donavon scored the goal to win the game against Algeria. Those were some great sports moments!

Another reason why I’m proud of my country is because so many American heroes. There are people who risk their life every day to save people. They do so much for the people in our country. Like save our lives or help us through tough times. Sometimes they even help us in the slightest way. Let’s take our parents for example. They help us out with homework when we need it which makes us smarter, which could lead to getting a good job and progressing in real life.
        
Those are some of the many of the astounding reasons I’m proud of my country.

No comments:

Post a Comment