Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Stranded

Author's Note: I wrote this to tell you about being stranded and to work on my free verse poem.

The loud cries not heard.
I sit on a beach alone.
My clothes ripped and tore.
I try to hold in my tears but I can’t.
The thought of my parents and sister gone is too much.
It started raining.
I build a hut and I hope it holds.
The rain finally lets up and I search for food.
There is a coconut her and there and some berry bushes once and a while.
The real problem is water.
I have searched everywhere and couldn’t find a stream or river.
Two days are gone and all I’ve drank is coconut milk and it’s not doing much.
I feel dizzy.
I sit at the fire watching it.
My eyes start to close.
I am near death and I know it.
Everything goes dark.
I am now staring at bright and magnificent gates.
The gates to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment